Microseq is a system used for identifying microbiological samples (bacteria and fungi) based on the analysis of sequencing of the coding gene – in the case of 16S rDNA (sequence of the first 500 base pairs of the bacterial rRNA gene coding the 30S component of the small subunit of prokaryotic ribosomes) and D2 LSU (Large subunit present in all fungi) in the case of fungi together with the validated sequences included in their database. Thus, the method gives a nearly 100% certainty of the correct diagnosis of the analyzed sample, eliminating the subjective (phenotypic) assessment of the material.
The scope of work
The system can be used for analyzing the microbiological purity of pharmaceuticals, cosmetics and food formulations, etc. It is also possible to constantly monitor the microbiological purity of the workspace.
Microseq 500 16S rRNA – identification of bacteria based on the comparison of the sequence of the analyzed sample with the validated sequences included in the database (sequence of the first 500 base pairs of the bacterial rRNA gene coding the 30S component of the small subunit of prokaryotic ribosomes) 16S rRNA gene contains conserved and divergent regions. Conserved regions (identical sequence in all microorganism) are used for PCR primer location. Divergent region (different in many microorganism) are analyzed for identification by sequencing. The MicroSeq system eliminates subjective phenotypic or growth-based test interpretation since it is based on rRNA gene sequences. Results are reproducible across laboratories and over time, and because the system employs the PCR process, culture conditions do not influence results.
MicroSeq – the entire bacteria genome in the situation of problems with identification meeting the high requirements of the system.
MicroSeq – D2 LSU rDNA – D2 region of a large ribosomal subunit – identification of fungi.
Attention: Sequencing of the entire genome only takes place when there are problems with identifying the strain and after the customer has been informed.
- The cost of examinations does not cover any possible transportation costs.
- The PCR product should be purified, if not an additional charge shall be added. Depedning on the analyzed samples, the price is set on an individual basis (please contact us).
- Any possible activities which are necessary to perform the experiments (excluding additional costs of the genetic analysis from the moment of acquiring the colony of bacteria in order to isolate DNA) are subject to an additional charge.
- Results are sent within the period of 5 business days from the date of receiving the material subject to the possibility of occurrences not caused by the contractor.
- Payment for the service is to be made by bank transfer within the period of 14 days from the date of issuing the invoice onto our bank account.
- Sent samples after receiving results shall be destroyed in our lab or can be collected by the customer at his own cost.